Our telemonitoring program gives you or your loved one the tools and resources to stay safely at home. Telemonitors are easy-to-use touchscreen tablets that prompt you daily to measure and record your vital signs. This information is transmitted wirelessly to a VNA nurse who reviews your data.
Daily monitoring of your condition improves the management of your disease by allowing us to respond sooner to changes, and can prevent an emergency department visit or hospitalizations.
When telemonitoring services are right for you
Our telemonitoring program can provide you and your loved ones with a sense of security, knowing your VNA is monitoring your health status daily. This program can help if you or your loved one:
- Have had frequent hospitalizations or emergency room visits
- Are dealing with chronic disease, like heart disease or a respiratory disorder
- Have been diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure
- Have diabetes and are struggling to control it
- Are pregnant with pregnancy-induced hypertension
- Receives home health services and your physician or home health nurse thinks a telemonitor could be helpful
- Have had heart surgery
- Are juggling multiple medications and medication changes
Benefits of telemonitoring
- It provides the care you need in the comfort of your own home.
- It offers you a sense of security knowing your health is being monitored seven days a week.
- You can feel more connected to your VNA nurse and be an active partner in your health care.
- You can gain the knowledge to better self-manage your disease.
- Your VNA nurse can work with your doctor to identify and treat problems in the early stages before a visit to the hospital or ER is required.
- The telemonitor prompts you daily to help you develop a routine.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the telemonitor look like?
How do I use the telemonitor?
When would telemonitoring not be considered?
Have questions about our telemonitoring services?
Call a VNA Nurse, or use the contact form to the upper right.(802) 860-4400