Our home therapy team will work with you and your caregivers to help you recover comfortably and safely at home following a stroke. We provide comprehensive rehabilitative care, including physical, speech and occupational therapy, to help you follow the treatment plan and achieve a full recovery.
When Home Health is Right for You
Strokes can affect your ability to perform routine physical or cognitive functions. You may consider home health services to help enhance recovery at home if you, or a loved one, are experiencing any of the following:
- Difficulty speaking or swallowing
- Muscle weakness or trouble with mobility
- Memory loss or confusion
In general, if you have been hospitalized for a stroke and will require assistance from a caregiver for routine daily activities, home health may be right for you.
Services Supporting Recovery from Stroke
- Physical therapy for strength, balance, and mobility
- Occupational therapy to support adjustments needed in your routine activities
- Speech therapy to improve the ability to speak and swallow
- Care coordination between VNA, your doctor, and other health care providers
- Support with managing and controlling pain
- Help with understanding medications
- Home safety assessment to identify and remove risks for falls
- Licensed Nursing Assistants (LNAs) to help with personal care and exercise regimens
Frequently Asked Questions
Who provides the care?
When is home health care available?
How do I access home health services?
How do I pay for home health services?
Have questions about services while you recover from a stroke?
Call a VNA Nurse, or use the contact form to the upper right.(802) 860-4400