Our palliative care team works closely with you and your physician to provide management of your pain and other symptoms. Visits are provided in the comfort, privacy and familiarity of your home.
When Palliative Care is right for you
With a physician’s referral, palliative care can start from the moment you are diagnosed, even if you continue to receive curative treatments.
These patient-centered services can be provided from the time of initial diagnosis of a life-threatening, chronic or life-limiting illness, not just in the last days of life. Palliative care is a good option for patients who are not ready for traditional hospice care because they:
- Expect to live longer than hospice guidelines suggest
- Wish to pursue active treatment such as chemotherapy
- Have an illness whose course is difficult to predict
- May still wish to receive life-saving measures
Palliative Care Services
- Pain and symptom management
- Help with advance care planning
- Bereavement services for families
- Psychosocial, emotional and spiritual support
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between palliative care and hospice care?
What are the benefits of palliative care?
Who provides Palliative Care services?
Have questions about palliative care services for adults?
Call Jina Cate, or use the contact form to the upper right.(802) 860-4410