Your VNA can help by providing support, information and nursing care.
When to consider in-home support
Many questions can arise for a woman during the months of pregnancy. Our nursing staff offers compassionate support to women during pregnancy. Through home visits, we can answer questions, provide childbirth education and help you prepare for childbirth.
After your baby is born we help you settle into parenthood. Our postpartum care can help you by offering coping strategies to reduce stress and adjust to the transition of motherhood. You might have a bunch of questions as a new mother, and we can help you find the answers to these questions and more:
- Is my baby eating enough?
- When should I call the doctor?
- How will I know what to do when my baby is fussy?
- What can I do to keep my baby healthy?
- Am I recovering from the birth the way I should?
Our staff has the expertise to provide more skilled nursing care if this is required and we can link you to other necessary community supports if needed.
- Prenatal home care visits
- Postpartum care
- Assessment of both the mother and the baby
- Breastfeeding support
- Family adjustment support
- Skilled nursing care if needed, such as IV therapy, blood pressure monitoring and nutritional information
- Family support services for families struggling with multiple stressors that can temporarily hinder their capacity to nurture their children.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who provides these services?
Have questions about services for moms & babies?
Call a VNA Nurse, or use the contact form to the upper right.(802) 860-4400