Every day, your VNA assists a wide range of people in maintaining their independence and quality of life. Through a partnership with Philips Lifeline, you can now stay connected even when we are not actively caring for you in your home.
When to consider Lifeline Services
You may consider Lifeline services or an automated medication dispenser if you or someone you know –
- Is frail and lives alone
- Has limited mobility
- Is at risk of falling
- Has a complicated medication regimen
Philips Lifeline and Medication Dispenser Services
The VNA Lifeline program works closely with Philips’ trained and experienced customer service representatives who are available 24 hours a day to respond to your health emergencies.
The Lifeline medical alert service can immediately put you in voice contact with a professionally-trained person who will call one of your designated emergency contacts or will contact emergency medical help if needed.
The AutoAlert Pendant can detect a fall and automatically call for help even if you are disoriented, immobilized, or unconscious. The waterproof design is safe to wear in the shower.
The Medication Dispensing Service from Philips provides an easy-to-use solution that helps you take the right medications at the right time. Hear a simple audio reminder and at the push of a button, get your medications at the pre-programmed times.
This technology also:
- Provides for loading and programming of medication doses in advance,
- Automatically announces and dispenses up to six doses per day with multiple reminders,
- Delivers health-related reminder messages,
- Gives a warning light and sound alert prior to calling for caregiver support,
- Alerts caregivers if doses are not taken.