As we age, foot problems can develop that may lead to limited mobility and ultimately more serious health conditions. Routine foot care is important for:
- maintaining muscle and bone strength by supporting mobility and physical activity
- proper foot and body mechanics which help prevent falls in seniors
- identifying early signs of other more serious health issues such as diabetes or poor circulation
It is recommended that seniors receive foot care every five to six weeks.
Foot care services
VNA’s foot care service is provided by licensed nurses trained in foot care assessments and include:
- Foot soak in warm, soapy bath
- Visual inspection of foot and lower leg for skin changes and areas of breakdown
- Toenail clip
- Prevention education on common foot problems
- Referral to medical specialist when necessary
Contact us at 802 860-4442 with your name and phone number to set up an appointment at one of our public clinics (please leave a message and we will call you back within 24 hours).
VNA Foot Care Service is $35 per visit.
Have questions about foot care clinics?
Call VNA's Private Care Office , or use the contact form to the upper right.(802) 860-4442