Family & Children's Services
The months of pregnancy and the years of early childhood are critical times for families. VNA Family and Children’s Services strives to help families during this time by offering parents the information and support necessary to fulfill their capacity as parents and to maximize each child’s physical and social/emotional development. By focusing on prevention and early intervention this multi-disciplinary team provides services that make a lasting difference for hundreds of families each year.
Programs offered by Family and Children’s Services include:
- Maternal and Child Health — Prenatal, postpartum, and private childbirth classes are available.
- Home Care Services for Children — Services include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and skilled nursing.
- Long-Term Care for Children — Help for children dealing with long-term illnesses.
Parent-Child Center Services
- Family Support Services — As part of our Parent-Child Center services, a multi-disciplinary team provides parenting and health care support for families.
- Janet S. Munt Family Room — This Parent-Child Center service is a family-centered, community-based program offering drop-in playgroups, on-site health and support services and parent education and support groups.
- Dads Make a Difference — Programs supporting fathers and children.
VNA Family Room Impact Statement
In 2014, we collaborated with an independent company to assess the economic impact and value of the human services provided by the VNA Family Room and Home Visiting programs. To read the finalized report, click here.
For more information about Family and Children’s Services, please contact:
Family and Children’s Services Director