Why the VNA?
“The VNA's Vermont Respite House is unbelievable in its environment and loving care for both the patient at the end of his or her life and the relatives.”
Ann Wheeler Weathers
Daughter of VNA Co-Founder Julia Smith Wheeler
A Home Away From Home
Tim Barcomb and his family felt helpless and overwhelmed as they struggled to care for Tim's father, Floyd, whose pancreatic cancer had advanced beyond a possible cure. Then, they heard about Vermont Respite House.
"We walked into Respite House and found a comfortable, warm atmosphere that felt like a home," Tim said. "The staff and nursing care was outstanding. They not only made my father feel at ease in his last days, but they also supported his family and friends who surrounded him in his final hours."
Tim and his family will be forever grateful for the care Floyd received and for the final moments they were able to spend with him.
Gifts from our generous community allow us to provide care at Respite House, our home away from home for people with terminal illness. Please consider a gift to the Vermont Respite House Annual Fund and help us continue to care for families like Tim's.
July 28, 2014
Social worker, case manager, advocate, friendly face, interested listener, teacher, health care provider. Saint. These are but some of the "faces" of the two providers I followed during the Visiting Nurse Association of Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties' Community Visits program.
May 30, 2014
My partner, Dana, and my son, Ezra, and I were sitting around at my mom's house eating dinner. My cousin had just had a baby, so the discussion moved to how hard it is to transition into the role of being a parent, even if it is something you have planned and wanted and dreamed of for a long time. Being a dad to Ezra has intensified every aspect of my life - I have reached levels of joy, love and peace I had never imagined possible.
- Learn more about our upcoming Powerful Tools for Caregivers Course, Oct. 2-Nov. 13.
- VNA staff present "How Palliative Care and Hospice Help You Live Better" on Monday, Sept. 15. Click to learn more.
- You're Invited to attend an MDI "Knowledge is Power" Presentation with Stephen Kiernan on Oct. 15.
- Our Fall 2014 VNACares Newsletter is now online.
- Help us reach 500 likes by the end of the summer on Facebook in our Campaign for 500!
- Vermont Assembly of Home Health and Hospice Agencies (VAHHA) announces a new name and look. Read more about it here.
- Read More