Why the VNA?
“We are so lucky to have the VNA in our community. When you need them, they are there to care for you and support you and your family. VNA staff and volunteers are a gift in our times of need.”
Linda and Ken Fishell
Hospice and Special Event Volunteers
Train to become a Start the Conversation Facilitator!
The VNA is looking for volunteer community facilitators for Start the Conversation, a program of the VNA and our sister home health and hospice agencies in Vermont. The goal of Start the Conversation is to increase public awareness of end-of-life care, encourage conversations about end-of-life goals and support advance care planning.
As a facilitator, you will lead group discussions to talk about care options, identify important issues to address now and provide tips and strategies for how to have these conversations.
The free training will be held on:
Tuesdays and Thursdays
at the VNA Prim Road office, Colchester
Training includes a full-day skills-building workshop on Saturday, Sept. 20, from 8 am-3 pm.
To sign up or learn more about this opportunity, please contact Karyn Carstensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Christine Werneke at 860-4436.
July 28, 2014
Social worker, case manager, advocate, friendly face, interested listener, teacher, health care provider. Saint. These are but some of the "faces" of the two providers I followed during the Visiting Nurse Association of Chittenden and Grand Isle Counties' Community Visits program.
May 30, 2014
My partner, Dana, and my son, Ezra, and I were sitting around at my mom's house eating dinner. My cousin had just had a baby, so the discussion moved to how hard it is to transition into the role of being a parent, even if it is something you have planned and wanted and dreamed of for a long time. Being a dad to Ezra has intensified every aspect of my life - I have reached levels of joy, love and peace I had never imagined possible.
- Our Fall 2014 VNACares Newsletter is now online.
- Help us reach 500 likes by the end of the summer on Facebook in our Campaign for 500!
- Interested in starting a new career as a personal care attendant? Attend one of our upcoming free informational meetings on 8/26 or 8/27 at 9:30am.
- VNA is looking for Start the Conversation volunteer community facilitators. Learn more about the training .
- Vermont Assembly of Home Health and Hospice Agencies (VAHHA) announces a new name and look. Read more about it here.
- Read More